Call for Papers: 1stHomes-uPInternational Conference
Single-Family Homes under Pressure?
in Mannheim on October 13 -14, 2016
The conference will bring together international researchers from different disciplines who work on single-family housing. Objective is to scrutinize the effects of demographic, sociocultural and structural change on the utilization of single-family housing in industrialized countries from an interdisciplinary perspective. We understand single-family homes as a generic term for free standing or serial buildings containing one dwelling, including detached, semi-detached and terraced (row) houses.
We welcome contributions from architects, economists, geographers, social scientists, urban and regional planners on:
- Single-family home building stock characteristics and dynamics of spatial development
- Land use, material flow analysis, ecological aspects
- Emergence of new user groups and user preferences
- Market mechanisms, pricing, vacancies and their resource-related implications
- Housing policies and single-family homes
- Distressed single-family homes: identification and counteractive measures
Submissions on these and other aspects regarding single-family homes as an economic, ecological and cultural resource are encouraged. Inclusion in the program will be based on a high-quality peer-review process. Contributions are welcome from both established and junior researchers.
Christine Whitehead, Professor Emeritus in Housing Economics, London School of Economics
Please submit an extended abstract (3 pages) or a full paper to: email@example.com.
Valid submissions should include:
- PDF version of your contribution, with any information that could personally identify you removed (e. g. file metadata, acknowledgements and references to institutions).
- Full contact details in the body of the submission email.
Submission deadline: May 31, 2016
Notification of acceptance: July 15, 2016
Scientific committee: Andreas Blum, Shaun Bond, Clemens Deilmann, Montserrat ParejaEastaway, Roland Füss, Johann Jessen, HuibertHaccou, Bernadette Hanlon, Donald Houston, Wolfgang Maennig, Akito Murayama, Darja Reuschke, Stefan Siedentop, Anette Spellerberg, Immanuel Stieß, Christine Whitehead, Federico Zanfi
50 € contribution for catering
Local Organiser: Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) Mannheim
P.O. Box 10 34 43
Research consortium: homes-up.ioer.eu
Conference and research project “Homes-uP”, funded by the Leibniz Association.
Organisingcommittee: Clemens Deilmann, Oliver Lerbs, Maja Lorbek